Friday, February 7, 2014

DIY Needle Minder Tutorial


Being sick is definitely no fun. But I'm glad to be a part of the cross stitchers' community at #onceuponatimesampler and #thefrostedpumpkinstitchery while I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself. I've gotten much better but am still recuperating. You can see from the photo above I'm still stuck at making little dwarfs from Snow White. They're still eyeless!

While browsing through the hashtags, I've kind of fallen in love with needle minders I've been seeing on cross stitchers' work. They're oh-so pretty and they range from Victorian designs to cute kawaii designs. Would love getting one for myself, but that would mean having to order one all the way from the States or the UK. Postage prices are just getting more expensive nowadays.

So here's a little do-it-yourself Needle Minder tutorial:

You'll need 2 pieces of magnets, a flat bead, tape or double sided tape and scissors.


Simply, tape/double tape the bead to one piece of magnet. You could even hot glue it down!


Now take the other magnet and place it on the other side of your embroidery hoop. The magnets will stick together and mind your needle for you when you need to take a break from stitching to check your stove or even your little boy! How cute is that!


Will be making another needle minder soon. In the meantime, happy stitching!

Much love, 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to my mailing list

To receive free printables, sewing ideas and daily updates sign up for my newsletter by entering your email address below. Thanks!




 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS