Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cross stitch buttons + Free Pattern



Saw this tutorial on My Poppet and thought it would be so cool to cross stitch little buttons for Aidi's travel bag.

So got out all my supplies. I have had this button maker for months now and only used a few for a past project. Bought it at Daiso for only RM5. Woowee!


Check out the original tutorial here

My buttons are bigger in dimension than Cintia's buttons and I wanted to make initials for the bag, so I decided to draft my own letter patterns. You could either use download Cintia's patterns or download my alphabet samplers here if you'd like stitch letters.



I pencilled in my button sizes and marked a cross in the middle to remind myself where I wanted to start sewing.



Half an hour later (yup, love fast and easy DIYs), I cut those circles out and centered my design in the plastic button case.


Pressed in the metal buttons and wallah! Cross stitched buttons!


Have fun making this! Xoxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to my mailing list

To receive free printables, sewing ideas and daily updates sign up for my newsletter by entering your email address below. Thanks!




 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS